Not sleeping enough is not good for your health.
Getting less than 7 hours of sleep on a regular basis is not suitable for your health as it might lead to chronic health conditions.
Lack of sleep is not suitable for your health.
It makes to feel cranky, tired, and out of sorts.
Not sleeping enough makes you feel cranky, tired, and many more.
Effects of chronic lack of sleep
- It drains your mental capabilities
- It affects your physical health
- It affects your memory. When you sleep, your brain forms connections that help you remember new information.
- Lack of sleep negatively affects both short-term and long-term memory.
- Lack of sleep makes you moody and quick-tempered.
- It can lead to anxiety and depression.
- Too little sleep compromises your immunity
- It predisposes you to a high risk for diabetes. Lack of sleep affects your body’s release of the sugar-regulating hormone. It has been proven that people who do not sleep well have higher blood sugar. This invariably leads to a higher risk of diabetes.
- Lack of sleep could lead to high blood pressure because sleep has a calming effect on the body.
- Chronic lack of sleep could lead to weight gain. When I had my third child, I was so stressed that I barely sleep more than 4 to 5hours per night. Nursing Baby all through the night and working full time was not an easy task. I had no help. It was one of the most stressful times of my life. Not sleeping well combined with eating excessively led to weight gain. I weighed 75kg. This weight I struggled to lose after nursing my baby. I actually overindulged in eating.
- Chronic lack of sleep exposes you to a high risk of heart disease. Increased high blood pressure lead to increased heart disease such as heart failure and many more.
- Lack of sleep could lead to poor balance. Because you are not coordinated, you tend to lose your balance.
- Not sleeping well can cause accidents. Lack of sleep is a public health safety hazard
- Lack of sleep slows down your reaction time.
- Fatigue can cause accidents
- Lack of sleep can cause impairment in the following: attention impairment, mental alertness, reduced concentration, lack of reasoning, and problem-solving.
- Lack of sleep can cause lackluster skin- flabby skin, the appearance of fine lines and dark circles under the eyes, eye bags, etc. You can shop for your supplements here
- Not sleeping enough makes you forgetful.
Chronic lack of Sleep: How to Sleep Better
Sleep in a dim room
Put away your computer and phones at least one hour before you sleep. The computer emits blue light that interferes with your sleep.
Play soothing music
Take shower before you sleep.
You can use soothing scents to calm you down to sleep.
For some, taking Kuding tea can help
So please sleep well.
It is for your own benefit.
It is for better health.
It is for your healthy living.
It is for your own gain
Click here to sign up for our newsletter